Thank you for supporting our Zero Plastic Campaign to reduce the use of plastic items in restaurants, bars, hotels, schools or businesses. As we know plastics took more than four centuries to decompose. Even after all this time, the majority of them still exist, in a different form. The United Nations already sees plastic as a major threat to humans and animals.
Did you know that in Canada:
- 57 million straws are used and thrown away every day in Canada?
- About only 11% of plastic waste is recycled?
- One of three sea turtles, nine of ten seabirds, and half of dolphins and whales have already ingested plastic?
If we do not act now, by 2050, there will be more plastic than fish in the world’s oceans. Together, we can do better; you can signify your commitment to our planet by signing the zero plastic waste movement.
What actions we can make a change:
- Adopt a ban resolution of plastic straws
- Give a discount to customers who bring their straws, containers or utensils to your restaurant.
- Replace disposable items with reusable items
The participants of the movement will be published in our directory of zero waste plastic emplacements and on our social networks.